September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today was my suitemate's birthday [Happy Birthday Samantha!]. However, I think I was more excited about it than she was. I don't know about you, but I love birthdays! They are the one day out of the year when everything is supposed to be about the existence of you! Thinking about them, I decided birthdays are either underrated or overrated in America today. People either act on their birthday as if it is any other day, or they go to the extreme in celebrating. I, on the other hand, look at the occasion differently. To me, birthdays mean reflecting over the last year, reminding myself how much I've grown and changed, and looking forward to what the next year will bring. Finally, I thank God I'm alive. I love life and all the opportunities it has to offer. So the next time you have a birthday, I recommend acknowledging it and celebrating everything you've accomplished! Take advantage of it and be grateful you have been given another day :)

No comments: