September 21, 2008

Busted

Last night I got bored, so I decided to watch a mini-marathon of a new MTV show called "Busted". Basically, it's like a more lame version of "Cops". It documents real cases of young adults (under 25) running into problems with the law.

You should watch this show, it is ridiculous!

In each episode they feature three people, it shows video footage of the crime they committed, and the arresting officer also explains what happened and tells what the person got charged with.

The interesting thing was that no one ever really got into trouble!

In one episode I watched, a young man got caught for having marijuana in his car, but the officer let him go.

In another episode, a police officer nabbed an underage man with the possession of alcohol, but the officer let him go because he said the young man was cooperative.

I watched at least three episodes and hardly anyone got punished.

No wonder the world is getting worse; people get away with everything!

How are people going to learn their lesson if they always get off the hook? Not punishing people for their crimes also puts innocent lives in danger.

I guess the saying "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" isn't really effective anymore, considering that in today's society committing a crime means you get another chance.

To watch a full episode or to learn more information about the show, go here .

2 comments:

awillowcabin said...

Word.

SaM-1 said...

I've attempted to watch the show, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The show is ridiculous!